Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Funny Bahram Story


So during the Film Festival, Bahram was on several TV shows talking about film, Iran, etc. One morning, we went to the bank, after he had been on a popular evening show.

Outside the bank, there was a security guard holding a machine gun. He stopped Bahram and was really excited and happy about what he said on the show. They spoke for a moment, then we went inside the bank.

I sat down in the lobby to wait util he finished his banking business. The guard comes back inside the bank, saw me and came over. he was still VERY excited about what Barham said, and stood there in front of me, smiling and gesticulating wilding with his hands as he spoke.

The machine gun then moved and as he is standing there...it is pointing eye level at me as I am sitting in a chair! Needless to say, that woke me up!

I have NO idea what this guy was saying (in Farsi) but I kept smiling and nodding my head, thinking to myself "Let's hope he does not get too excited and that thing goes off!" After a few minutes, he said goodbye and left.

We were laughing afterwards saying here are the headlines..."American woman shot in bank in Tehran."









No comments:

Post a Comment