Sunday, September 2, 2012

Art Market

Then we went after that to the art market, it's in the Souk. Lots of really interesting things. It's rather old, but it has lots of character.



This picture was made from wood inlay, it was beautiful. This piece had a lot of work and was priced at $10,000. It looked like a painting it was so intricate.

Here is one of the Artisans working in her shop. She was making the wood inlay.
This other shop made handmade violings, sitars, and several other Persian stringed instruments I do not know the name of.

Such beautiful things, and the souk smelled of all kinds of spices and incense, very exotic.




1 comment:

  1. I remember Joan D'Arc Street had all the art supply shops on it in Tehran. I used to buy canvas to make my oil paintings on which was made in Russia because it was cheaper but not best quality. I remember walking down an alley in that neighborhood which was so narrow it had the water joob running down the middle along with the wooden electric utility poles.Suddenly I heard the sound of a concertina from a second story window and a homesick Russian was playing the Volga Boatman. It was ironic because I was so happy in Tehran and this lonely concertina was in such a stark contrast locked up in a room oblivious to the humanity and the bustle and the sunlight outside...

    ReplyDelete