Monday, July 30, 2012

The Visa Expedition


So last week I went to the Iranian Consulate to collect my visa...I had called and asked questions several times, but as it is in Dubai, and no one mentioned it, I did not take something to cover my hair. I know I should have known better...

I was greeted with a "what are YOU doing here?" look and politely told, in broken English, I could not enter, as the guy behind the desk pointed to a sign next to him explaining the dress code....I needed to ask some questions, and when I said I was an American, and going as a guest to the Film Festival, the guy got very excited and put me on the phone with someone who spoke perfect English and was very helpful and polite.

Before I left, the gentleman smiled and waved his hands over his head saying "OK, now you come back!"

So I called again this morning...and while on hold the music was from the film "The Sting"...love it! Tomorrow I go and try again to get that visa...and am taking a scarf!

Stage 1 of the trip to Iran....

No comments:

Post a Comment